Friday 20 April 2007

For the last few years I have been mostly working at.....






This is my place of semi-employment. I say semi because I'm really supposed to be part-time but appear to spend more time here than is strictly necessary or healthy.

When I'm not off on one of my arty endeavors they are kind enough to let me hang around here. It's a great little shop, one of a dying breed I fear. It isn't a pure independent as it is run by a small company run out of Guildford. Does owning 5 shops count as a chain? Anyway... we do our best to be a little more eclectic than your average shop and pride ourselves on our customer service and lack of that "Waterstones" feel.

Ok... Advert over.

I love working here, it's a relaxed place where you get to know the locals and people often just drop in for a chat. All was well here until about a year or so ago when this happened.....



Literally opposite us!

Bastards.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bastards indeed. Shop with Amazon, I say. That'll teach 'em!