Wednesday 27 May 2009

National Theatre Of Brent UPDATE!



As you may know from an earlier post I am a HUGE fan of "The National Theatre Of Brent". It's been through many different forms over the years, the most well known being the combinations of Patrick Barlow & either Jim Broadbent or John Ramm.

Rather annoyingly none of their shows (TV or Radio) have ever been commercially released, so I've spent a long time searching the net for any material.

While on the hunt today I realised that "All The Worlds A Globe" has been repeating on BBC7 along with "Desmond Olivier Dingle's Compleat Life and Works of William Shakespeare". BUM! Missed them both! Thankfully I found most of "Globe" and will replace 7 of the episodes I have posted here because the quality is better. Some nice chap also put up a torrent for "Shakespeare" so I have added that to the NTOB section. The quality isn't great but it's better than nothing.

Also added to the playlist that already has "Mona Lisa", "Messiah" and "Greatest Story" is a new one on me "Joan Of Arc: How She Became A Saint".
It was written by Patrick Barlow and has Jim Broadbent and John Ramm in the cast. Dawn French plays the lead role.

They can all be found on the right hand side of the page under "The National Theatre Of Brent".

My origional NTOB post is here.

As if that wasn't enough it turns out that the NTOB are set to return to the radio this year with a NEW series. It's titled "The National Theatre Of Brent's Iconic Icons".

I managed to get 2 tickets to a recording of an episode... WooHoo!
The episode I will attend is about the iconic icon Bob Dylan.

It never rains but it pours.

If you want to download the files click on the DivShare logo.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks for sharing these rare gems!

Martin.Verrill said...

Looking forward to D/loading these undoubted gems. I have clicked on the DivShare icon and my account opens up, but am not sure what to do then(Duuuurrrr!!) A hint please??
Thanks.Martin V